How Our Alliance Began
In February 2018, the Restlawn Alliance of South Dakota was formed by Vicki Roth of Rochester, NY and Valerie Roth Roubos of Spokane, WA, the daughters of Ralph and Elaine Roth. The Roths, long-time residents of Huron, had purchased plots, vaults, and markers decades ago with a pre-need contract. Ralph passed away in 2014, and upon the death of their mother in January of 2018, the daughters contacted Restlawn Memory Gardens to schedule interment of their parents' cremains. After several unsuccessful attempts to contact the cemetery, they quickly learned that dozens of complaints about Restlawn had been made to the South Dakota State Attorney General’s office. They created the Restlawn Alliance of South Dakota first to help everyone affected by this situation stay connected and informed. We wish also to work with state and county officials to find solutions to these concerns.
To create a community with those who have experienced problems with Restlawn Memory Gardens
• To share our information via Facebook, print media, Internet and radio
• To continue to work with the South Dakota Attorney General's office for resolution
• To continue to work with Beadle County Commissioners for resolution
• To seek out and contact other groups who have had similar problems
• To work with cemetery and funeral organizations who are industry watchdogs